Monday, November 24, 2008

Child Abuse Awareness

Chris Perrault
Child Abuse Awareness

Child Abuse occurs all over the world. It occurs in many different forms. Neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and verbal abuse are the four ways to abuse a child. These abused children have the unfortunate potential to grow up with no self-esteem, no confidence in themselves or what they can really do in this world. They grow up feeling worthless. These children grow up believing that this is the way they should always be treated. Many of these children grow up to abuse their own children. Many of these abused children don’t grow up at all.
In my poster, I used a different assortment of colors to express the bruises that these children receive, whether it is internal, external, or even emotional. I have used a picture of this child before in one of my projects for my child abuse and family violence course. This picture shows the child with two black eyes which I added a little more color to show the bruises more. On the bottom of my poster, I added the saying “Is this what you call a sign of affection?” to show the seriousness of child abuse. There are a lot of children in this world that might not know what a hug or a kiss is; perhaps all they know is a punch or a slap to a face, the sting of a belt as it crack against their back or bottom, maybe even a burn mark on their arms and legs.

I chose this video because it shows a lot of pictures of abused children and even adds a few facts about how many children are abused every day. The pictures that this video uses are ones that shows cuts, scrapes, and bruises that are on many of their bodies. This video strongly suggests child abuse awareness and that we should all support it 100%.

No comments: