Monday, November 24, 2008

Jasmine Offor (MWF)



For my reaction picture, I actually created one on photoshop that had all the elements I wanted to incorporate in my paper. This phote depicts one side with two character hipsters smoking trying to be cool with a smoke bubble that cancels out the word hip. The picture is trying to say that the kids arent hip and in a very weird way that is what hipsters want to be, "unhip". To be "unhip" in their terms means actually being "hip". Weird I know. Anyways, the picture on the right is of real life kids a.k.a hipsters just chillin'. The quote that I blasted across their faces says, " The idea is to stand out, be unique, and make a statement against what society seems normal". The funny thing is that this hipster craze seems to be the norm everywhere we turn. We cant help but try and be an individual, but when you have a mass population trying to be the same individual, there really is no sense of origionality now is there?

The point that I'm trying to make is that when you want to be a REAL individual, you'll break out of the "norm", the type of indiciduality that everyone is used to. You'll become the kid that marches the sound of their own drum...not a hipster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fazuB3Hhk.. Here's a funny documentary that I found on youtube about the life of a hipster. It lets you know everything you need to know. It actually quiet good and in shot in our good ol' city...ILLADELHPIA! so check it out.

No comments: